If you want to get inside the heads of your international partners and ensure your negotiations are successful in any context then our International Negotiation Skills online course is essential. Join our virtual classroom for live interactive training from 10.00 to 13.00 UK time.
You will become more aware of your own negotiation style, learn how to interpret the cultural nuances affecting negotiations and practise tried and tested negotiating skills and tactics. You will take away practical techniques and frameworks you can apply to set-piece international negotiations through to supplier pricing agreements or inter-departmental projects.
What will you take away?
• A greater awareness of your own negotiation style, strengths and areas for development
• An understanding of the impact of culture on international negotiations
• A clear process for successful international negotiations
• Practical communication techniques and negotiation skills for an international context
International Negotiation Skills Training can be tailored to meet your and your organisation’s needs but content can include:
• Icebreaking activity
• What makes a good negotiator and a successful negotiation
• Self-assessment: your negotiation style and its impact
• Recognising and responding to other styles
• Cross-cultural considerations when negotiating internationally: attitudes to hierarchy, truth, relationships, time, bargaining
• Cross-cultural communication styles and techniques for negotiating: directness, formality, active listening, questioning and mirroring
• The key stages of a negotiation: from preparation to agreement
• Tactics for successful international business negotiations
• Practice, simulation and feedback throughout
• Action planning and next steps
International sales or business development teams, global supply chain managers, cross-border M&A teams, anyone involved in formal or informal international negotiations