Situational Negotiation focuses on the ‘behaviours’ in negotiations rather than the ‘relationship’ they represent. It is fully researched to deal with the latest trends in negotiation and coached by experienced traders and negotiators. This course is run in Windsor.
Starting with the power-play behaviours, the skills will build though the agenda as more sophisticated behaviours are layered on top. All negotiation tactics are demonstrated and explained with techniques to use and disarm.
Behaviours in negotiation break down into four groups and can be witnessed predictably in certain situations. Today’s best negotiators however are trained to mix the behaviours to get the best impact from each of the represented styles. For each group we provide the competencies, critical behaviours and handling/use of all commonly seen tactics.
These groups define a Negotiation Style rather than a relationship. In today’s trading environment, powerful organisations can leverage a weakness in those who seek a good relationship.
Our approach enables better trading environments by encouraging better behaviours more of the time, whilst instilling a confidence to recognise and handle behaviour swings and maintain control.
Our training techniques are memorable and feedback based. We focus on practical application.
You will learn:
• Ambition expressed by variable.
• Testing positions
• Wiping away positions
• Buyers Ambition vs Needs
• Negotiating behaviour
• Transitioning long term behaviours.
• Roles in negotiation
• Handling deadlock
• Walking away – ‘How to’
• Preparation for Selling & Negotiation
• Tools & Planning
• Introducing New Variables
• Trading plan – Multivariable Deals
• Behaviour judgement and prediction
• Negotiating– Focus on Principled
• Control and Disarming Tactics
• Exploring and widening deals
• Trading Skills – advanced
• Making a Proposal
• 2 days Sentinel Situational Negotiation™ workshop
• Trained by ex-senior buyers or procurement professionals using dynamic techniques and an Intensive trainer to delegate ratio for maximum impact
• Focussed on you – the skills are trained utilising your real life business situations
• The Sentinel Situational model – this will allow you to recognise the difference between ‘relationship’ and ‘rapport’ and create better trading environments
• Easy application – simple to use yet advanced framework with an easy 3 step tool to allow preparation against any negotiation.
• Learn the ‘games’ buyers play – the tactics they deploy to put you off your pitch and critically how to disarm those tactics and move your meetings on to a more productive level and create lasting rapport based on mutual respect.
• Drive confidence and ambition of your team in dealing with negotiations
• Improved internal alignment and communication through adoption of a common approach and unified team roles
18th - 19th